The Elk Grove Unified Board of Education (EGUSD) would like to invite interested applicants to serve in one of three open positions on the Board’s advisory Finance Committee.
“We welcome community involvement in our District and appreciate the dedication of those individuals who take an opportunity to serve in this area of public education,” said EGUSD Board President Priscilla S. Cox.
The function of the Finance Committee is to serve in an advisory capacity to the Elk Grove Unified School District Board of Trustees on matters pertaining to District finances. The Committee provides community input that is shared with the Board of Education. It is comprised of community members appointed by each Board member and the Superintendent and three community members appointed by the entire Board of Education. Finance Committee Members serve two-year terms.
The Committee is assisted by non-voting district staff members including the Associate Superintendent of Finance and School Support, Director of Fiscal Services and other staff as needed. Student representatives from the District’s high schools provide feedback on financial impact at their school sites.
The functions of the Finance Committee are to:
- review the annual budget and interim financial reports and comment when deemed necessary;
- provide opinions on current fiscal strategies for the district;
- identify potential fiscal problems and refer them to the Board of Education for analysis;
- provide an annual written report of the committee’s activities to the Board;
- provide any oral presentations to the BOE at the Board’s request or at the committee’s initiative; and
- serve as an ad hoc resource or provide specific research or study as requested by the Board.
Applicants must live within the District’s 320 square mile boundary and be 18-years-old or over.
To apply, please fill out the EGUSD Finance Committee Application by clicking here. Applications are due to Arlene Hein, Board Secretary, no later than 5 p.m. on March 5, 2014. They can be emailed to [email protected] or mailed or delivered to:
Robert L. Trigg Education Center
9510 Elk Grove-Florin Road
Elk Grove, CA 95624