It’s hard to believe, but we have already finished our first trimester of 3rd grade! The grading period ended on Friday, and we will be finishing up assessments and completing report cards this week. Paper report cards are no longer sent home, but you will be able to see your child’s report card on September 30th in ParentVue.
9/21/22 (This Wednesday) at 6:00 pm:
- Our first Sunrise/McGarvey Community Parent University event!
- Location: Sunrise Elementary Multi-Purpose Room.
- There will be a special screening of SCREENAGERS, Growing Up in the Digital Age – a documentary that explores how technology impacts our students & offers solutions on how we can help our kids navigate the digital world.
- For more information visit screenagersmovie.com
9/27/22 – 9/29/22:
Our Invention Convention!
- The students will present their inventions to the class. (I will take pictures and post them!)
- We go off track! Woohoo!!!
- Dress Up Day: “Anything But a Backpack” (I have no idea what that means, but I will find out!)
- Report Cards available in ParentVue
We will come back on track.
A BIG Thank You…
- Thank you to our parent volunteers, Mrs. Boparai and Mrs. White for grading, helping students, and making my life easier!
While Off Track…
- Please, please, please encourage your child to continue to read EVERY day and to memorize their multiplication facts!
Some Fun Pictures…
Your children are nothing short of amazing and I have enjoyed every day with them! Below are some more pics of the continent presentations and STEAM Time pics, as well as a picture of Quinn receiving her Frappuccino Friday award from Mrs. Hannon for winning the Character Award drawing last month. 🙂
I will email you if your child will be receiving an award at our next awards assembly and/or if your child will be invited to participate in intersession in October.
If you have any questions about ANYTHING, please email or just stop by the classroom!
Have a great evening,
Mrs. Barnes and Mrs. Sardo