You and Scrooge have just been haunted by Jacob Marley’s ghost. Please answer each of the following questions regarding that visit in paragraph form. Be sure to number each response as I’ve numbered each question.
- What has Marley’s ghost been doing since his death?
- What is the warning Marley gives Scrooge?
- Why are the phantoms (three paragraphs from the end of the stave) upset?
Hi, Mrs. Adams. I read your post about the Ghost, and it reminded me of the famous Scrooge story, an old rich man with no hope for the poor. It has inspired me to be more kind to everyone.
A Christmas Carol
Marley has always been haunting Scrooge ever since he died.He told Scrooge about this when he visited him.
Scrooge must change his temper and start to be nice to everybody or he will have to do the same thing that Marley is doing and will have to pass through all the stuff Marley has done.He will also have to make his chains and wear them while he is a ghost.
The phantoms are upset because they have the same chains as Marley.They looked mad and some were sad.
1. Marley’s ghost has been haunting Scrooge this whole time he was dead. When Scrooge goes back to his house Marley is haunting Scrooge.
2. The warning Marley gave Scrooge was don’t be a grouch. Scrooge you need to be happy.
3. They are upset because they are in chains and they live in misery.They had lost power to live forever.
1. His ghost has been traveling.
2. What Marley was trying to tell Scrooge was that he must not be mean to others.
3. The phantoms were upset because they wore chains like Marley’s.
The Christmas Carol
Since Marley’s death he has been haunting people that have been doing bad stuff.
Marley has been waring Scrooge about all the chains he’s been getting by doing horrible stuff.
The phantom is upset with Scrooge because he’s been passing people by.
1.He has been wandering through Earth and he has seen the hurting and suffering ,trying to be good but not able to be observed.
2.The ringing bell warns Scrooge that if he keeps up his greediness he would be buried under his chains.
3.The are upset because they wear chains just like Marley and they did not have freedom.
1. Marley´s ghost has been traveling around with his other chained ghost to tell others, that are alike him, not to be the way they are. They tell them this because they are trying to warn them before they die and end up with a lot of chains. They want them to be a better person then what they are in the presence.
2. Marley´s ghost visited Scrooge because the ghost was trying to tell him that the way he is acting is going to get him in chains in the afterlife. As Scrooge could see that Marley was in chains himself. Scrooge had the same personality as Marley, therefore he would end up in chains just like Marley.
3. The phantoms are mad because they see a young lady that needs help. They want to help her but they are not able to. They see that the ones that are passing her, they act like she is not there. This makes them mad because they don´t like the way they acted when they were alive, so when they see others act like they don´t see ones that need help it makes them furious.
1. Marley has been traveling. Marley had no peace. He had no rest the whole time. He had incessant torture of remorse. He traveled by the wings of the wind. He can not stay anywhere. That is what Marley has been doing since his death.
2. Marley has came to scrooge to warn him. Marley warned scrooge that he was not the only one haunting him. More ghosts will come to him. There will be three ghosts haunting him. One at a time. One ghosts comes then the next night the next ghost will come all at the same time but different days.
3. The phantoms are upset because they are all tied up in chains. Some are bigger than Marleys and some are smaller than his. They all have chains and disappeared all at the same time.
1.Marley’s ghost has been travailing among his fellow men and haunting Scrooge for seven years.
2.Marley’s warning is that he will have to change how he is and not be grumpy and mean. If he does not change he will end up like Marley. Also he will meet 3 ghost.
3.The phantoms are mad because the have to travel, were chains and go on. They did some pretty bad things to end up like that.
1. Marley’s ghost has been traveling all around the world. He is doing this because in the afterlife, if you have not traveled far in your actual life, you have to travel around the world in your afterlife to make up for it. However, when you are in your afterlife, you cannot share the joy of traveling as you should’ve in your life.
2. The warning Marley gives Scrooge is that if he has done horrible things to his clients like Marley did, he will have to suffer the same fate as Marley has, while having even more chains than what Marley has now.
3. The phantoms are upset because they are chained up and have to suffer traveling around the world. They know Scrooge personally, and they are mad at him for letting them suffer in their afterlife.
A Christmas Carol- Marley’s Ghost
1.After Marley’s death he was traveling all the time with no rest or no peace, incessant torture of remorse.
2.Marley tells Scrooge as a warning that he was going to be haunted by Three Spirits.
3.The phantoms are upset because they sought to interfere, for good, in human matters, and had lost the power forever.
1. Marley’s ghost has been roaming around the Earth and has seen many things. But many people have not seen the good things he has done.
2. Marley tells Scrooge that his chains are still adding up. Marley also said that three different ghost that are mad and are coming to see him to him for the next few nights.
3. The ghost were upset because they were in chains to. Some of the ghost in chains were linked together.
1. Marley has been wandering the earth for his punishment. He has lost the chance to help out people.
2. Marley comes down to Scrooge he tells him to help among other people if not he will be punished with death and both will wonder the world together.
3. The Phantoms were wandering the streets restless and they were moaning as they walked by. Each Phantom wore a chain and the phantoms would fade away with the mist.
1. According to Dickens, he’s doomed to wander the earth pondering the good he could of done and didn’t.
2. Marley gives Scrooge the warning that he is destined for the same fate if he doesn’t change that he will be visited by 3 ghosts.
3. The phantoms are upset because they cannot help the people that they now wish they could.
1.What has Marley’s ghost been doing since his death?
Marley’s ghost has been wandering around the world and he has seen all the people he should of helped but can’t now.
2. What is the warning Marley gives Scrooge?
Marley tells Scrooge about the chains that add on when he does something bad to someone. So he will not do any more bad things.
3. Why are the phantoms (three paragraphs from the end of the stave) upset?
The phantoms are upset because they have chains for all the bad things they’ve done but they don’t want the chains any more.
1. Marley’s ghost has been staying with Scrooge the whole time.
2. Marley warns Scrooge to be a good person, so that his soul won’t have to wear a chain and his soul won’t be in misery.
3. The phantoms are upset because they are not free and they have to wear chains.
1.Marley was wondering through the world hurting and suffering with the chains he created in his lifetime.
2. When the ringing bell rang Marley warns him about his attitude buried under his chains
3. The phantoms are upset because they wear chains just like Marley and they did not have freedom.
Marley has been wandering through the world and seen the hurting and suffering in the world. Also he is going through such a punishment because he has not helped his fellow man when he was alive.
The ringing bell warns Scrooge that if he keeps up his attitude he will be buried under his chains.
The phantoms were upset because they wore chains on them like Marley and they did not have freedom.
A Christmas Carol
1. Marley the ghost been doing ever since his death is he had no rest and no peace.
2. The warning that Marley tell Scrooge is that he was going to haunted by three evil spirits.
3. The phantoms were upset because they were chained like Marley and I don’t think that the phantoms did like being hanged by chains.