During this school year, Elk Grove Unified will share college and career opportunities with you to help you plan for your future after graduation. There are also Grants and Scholarship opportunities that we will send your way to make sure all of you have the chance to apply for funding when planning for your future educational aspirations. We encourage you to follow @ElkGroveUnified on Instagram and Twitter and also follow #EGUSDCollegeCareer hashtag to see all of the news related to information regarding College and Career exploration opportunities!
This semester, all college fairs will be virtual. Detailed information is included further below. However, here is a quick snapshot of the upcoming virtual college fairs:
- The University of California (UC) Campus Week will take place September 14 – 17, 2020.
- The Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU) Fair Week is scheduled for September 21 – 24, 2020.
- California State University (CSU) Campus Week is slated for October 5 – 9, 2020.
- The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) is holding multiple days of Virtual College Fairs (Sept. 13, Oct. 12 & 18 and Nov. 8)
- The U-CAN HBCU Recruitment Fair is scheduled for October 14 – 17, 2020.
These college fairs will take place on weekdays and early evenings to provide an opportunity for you and your family to learn about the process related to college admissions and applications. You will also be able to visit virtually with admissions representatives from local, national and international colleges and universities to explore college and career possibilities.
We look forward to sharing more opportunities with you in the coming weeks! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to follow up with your school counselor.
AICCU Fair Week (Sept. 21 - 24, 2020)
The next virtual college fair event, held Sept 21 – 24 will feature representatives from private and international colleges and universities. The Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU) Fair offers students an opportunity to virtually meet college representatives from all over the region, national and international, view webinars and participate in live Q & A sessions online.
For more information and to register visit https://aiccu.edu/aiccucampusweek.
"Myths and Misconceptions about Private Colleges (Sept. 23, 2020)
Join this webinar hosted by Private Colleges of California Admissions professionals who will explore several widely-held myths and misconceptions about private colleges and universities.
Participating Admissions Representatives from: University of the Pacific, University of San Francisco, Mills College, Whittier College
September 23, 2020
3:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. (Pacific Time)
Register in advance for this Zoom meeting:
“First Generation Students and Families: Successfully Navigating the College Admissions Process” (Sept. 24, 2020)
Admissions professionals, many of whom were first-generation college graduates themselves, will share their advice on how today’s first-generation students and their parents can successfully navigate and complete the process of applying to private colleges and universities.
Participating Admissions Representatives from: Biola University, Mount Saint Mary’s University, University of Redlands, University of San Diego
September 24, 2020
4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
Zoom link (Registration required):
“Understanding the College Application Process” (Sept. 25, 2020)
“What happens to my college application once I submit it?”
“What do Admissions Officers really consider the most important parts of my application?” “What should I write about in my personal statement?” – These and other questions that high school students (and their parents) often wonder and worry about will be answered by some of the very Admissions Officers who read thousands of college applications each year – and may be reading YOURS! If you are planning to apply to college this Fall, be sure to join this informative event with answers straight from the source.
Participating School Representatives: Biola University, Mount Saint Mary’s University, Scripps College,
University of the Pacific, University of Redlands, Whittier College
September 25th – 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
Register in advance for this meeting:
CSUS Feria De Educación 2020 (Oct. 2 - 3, 2020)
Feria de Educación 2020 is going virtual!
The purpose of Feria de Educación is to empower thousands of Spanish-speaking parents and students by providing them with information and resources to help them succeed in California’s educational system, attend post-secondary education, and attain their professional goals.
We will still offer all of the same resources, workshops, and campus tours, but in a virtual format!
Click here for more information: https://www.csus.edu/president/feria/
CSU Week College Nights (Oct. 5 - 9, 2020)
The California State University (CSU) Chancellor’s Office and all 23 campuses are excited to provide an alternative to in-person college fairs. Each campus will present a short live session to provide a campus overview, information about the admission process and a question and answer portion. If you are not able to attend, all sessions will be recorded.
Registration will remain open, but each session will close at the maximum of 3000 attendees. Make sure you log on to the sessions early. All sessions will be recorded and available on this site.
Please use the links below to register for the live sessions you would like to attend. Pre-registration is required to attend.
Click here to access all CSU College Night registration links: https://www2.calstate.edu/apply/csuweek/Pages/first-year-incoming-freshman.aspx
NACAC Virtual College Fairs (Sept. 12, Oct. 12 & 18 and Nov. 8, 2020)
Many colleges and universities will participate in each of the virtual college fairs listed below. Click here for more information on specific colleges/universities.
- Sep 13th 12:00 pm – Sep 13th 8:00 pm EDT
- Oct 12th 1:00 pm – Oct 12th 9:00 pm EDT
- Oct 18th 12:00 pm – Oct 18th 8:00 pm EDT
- Nov 8th 2:00 pm – Nov 8th 10:00 pm EST
U-CAN HBCU Recruitment Fair (Oct. 14 – 17, 2020)
The fourth and final fair is the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Recruitment Fair. This fair will also be held virtually and coordinated with United College Action Network (UCAN). Representatives from 40 of the country’s leading HBCU’s will be present to meet with students and parents online. Highlights include “on the spot” admissions to seniors, personal advising, and information to identify financial resources and begin the financial aid and scholarship processes. Student registration will begin Friday, September 18, 2020 and close on Saturday, October 17, 2020. Students will have on-demand access to the full college fair site (minus the chat room) until December 31, 2020. All booth visitations will generate and continue to send student leads back to colleges.
Click here for to register and more information: https://www.ucangotocollege.org/
Scholarships & Grants
Starting October 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021, students and families can attend FREE Cash for College virtual workshops across California for help completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act (CADAA) and Chafee Grant for Foster Youth applications.
EGUSD high schools have virtual workshops on specific dates for its students. However, anyone may attend any virtual workshop:
EGHS – October 7, 2020 – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
SHS – October 22, 2020 – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
VHS – October 28, 2020 – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
CHS – October 29, 2020 – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
FLHS – November 4, 2020 – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
MTHS – November 18, 2020 – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
LCHS – December 3, 2020 – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
CaliforniaColleges.edu provides students with an all-inclusive guide for their college and career paths and enables educators to track their progress. The platform also provides families with the tools they need to support their students as they navigate the college, career and financial aid planning processes.
- CaliforniaColleges.edu High School Parent Information and Registration Letter – Opt In
- Carta a los Padres: Información e Inscripción Escuela Preparatoria (High School) – CaliforniaColleges.edu – Participar
- CaliforniaColleges.edu High School Daim Ntawv Qhia Rau Niamtxiv Paub thiab Qhia Txog Kev Sau Npe- Cia koom rau
- CaliforniaColleges.edu Thông Tin cho Phụ Huynh Trung Học và Thư Ghi Danh – Tham Gia
- CaliforniaColleges.edu High School Parent Information and Registration Letter – Opt Out
- Carta a los Padres: Información e Inscripción Escuela Preparatoria (High School) – CaliforniaColleges.edu – NO Participar
- CaliforniaColleges.edu High School Daim Ntawv Qhia Rau Niamtxiv Paub thiab Qhia Txog Kev Sau Npe- Tsi pub koom rau
- CaliforniaColleges.edu Thông Tin cho Phụ Huynh Trung Học và Thư Ghi Danh – Khước từ
- CaliforniaColleges.edu Middle School Parent Information and Registration Letter
- Carta a los Padres: Información e Inscripción Escuela Intermedia (Middle School) – CaliforniaColleges.edu
- CaliforniaColleges.edu Middle School Daim Ntawv Qhia Rau Niamtxiv Paub thiab Qhia Txog Kev Sau Npe
- CaliforniaColleges.edu Thông Tin cho Phụ Huynh Sơ Trung Học và Thư Ghi Danh