EGUSD Student-led Call to Action
Starting November 2012, Elk Grove Unified School District students are taking a stand. High school and middle school students throughout the district are stepping up as a school community to inspire others to challenge and delete cyberbullying.
Today's students live in a digital world. #UnfolllowBullying is in recognition that students are the ones who will lead the charge in their online communities to ensure that all students are treated with respect and kindness.
What's not cool?
Spreading negative or embarrassing dirt (true, untrue, or unknown, via text, pic or video) about someone behind their back or to their face.
Digital drama is not cool! - No matter how large or small, every action you take to increase awareness of this issue is an important step.
Cyberbullying is not cool! - Educate yourself, inspire others to make a difference and be a part of the solution.
- Draw a Line - Delete negative or hateful comments rather than giving the bully an audience.
- Speak Up - If you know the person doing the cyberbullying, and feel comfortable, talk to him/her. Help them to understand the harm they are doing. Or if you are being cyberbullied, find someone you trust to confide in. Speak up for yourself and for others; don't let fear silence you.
- Consider Others - When online, ask yourself are you sending something you would say face-to-face? If not, don't send it.
- Take the Student Pledge - Help transform the #UnfollowBullying campaign at your site from a vision to a reality by taking the pledge.
Join the EGUSD #UnfollowBullying campaign now!
- Starting November 2012, Elk Grove Unified School District students are taking a stand. High school and middle school students throughout the district are stepping up as a school community to inspire others to challenge and delete cyberbullying.
Recent Site Articles
Stand Up Speak Out! Event at State Capitol Oct. 11
by webmaster on 9th October 2014
On Saturday, October 11, 2014, the Elk Grove Unified School District will be among the participants at the “Stand Up, Read full article »
EGUSD to Participate in Cyberbullying Panel Discussion
by webmaster on 29th September 2014
You're on the internet daily. So are they: Cyber-Bullies. How can you protect yourself? Join EGUSD's Gail Desler and Social Read full article »
Valley High students leading the way
by webmaster on 28th April 2014
Valley High School students are working hard to take #UnfollowBullying to the next level by extending the program to their Read full article »
Sheldon High School students pledged to #UnfollowBullying
by webmaster on 11th February 2014
For the second year in a row, Sheldon High School students pledged to #UnfollwBullying through a week-long awareness campaign at Read full article »
#KAMSunfollowbullying… Be the Change!
by webmaster on 4th February 2014
Katherine L. Albiani Middle School hosted their own Cyberbully Awareness Week in late January. The week was filled with different lunch Read full article »
- Stand Up Speak Out! Event at State Capitol Oct. 11