Beginning with the Youngest Grades at Year Round Schools, Parents Who Selected to Have Their Child Return to School Will Begin Arriving at 7:45 a.m.
Media is invited to capture the first day of the reopening of Elk Grove Unified at select schools throughout the district for photos and video showing students arriving for in-person instruction. School site staff will be occupied with school operations during arrival and dismissal times and not available for interviews. The following schools have been selected because they are year round schools and represent each region. If you would like an interview with a District spokesperson, please contact the director of communications, Xanthi Soriano at (916) 261-6219 or by email at email@example.com.
Reopening Dates: March 16, 2021 and March 17, 2021 for Year Round Schools
Tracks: B, C, D (including all respective Special Education classes and programs)
Grades: Pre-K – 3rd Grade
Arrivals for all @7:45 A.M. | Dismissals for TK-1ST @10:00 A.M. and 2ND-3RD @12:00 P.M.
- Franklin Region – Arlene Hein Elem. School (Principal: Lynn Mayer)
- Pleasant Grove Region – Robert J. McGarvey Elem. School (Principal: Mike Gulden)
- Florin Region – Samuel Kennedy Elem. School (Principal: Sandra Brown)
- Laguna Creek Region – Elitha Donner Elem. School (Principal: Michelle Jenkins)
- Monterey Trail Region – Irene B. West Elem. School (Principal: Brian MacNeill)
- Valley Region – Prairie Elem. School (Principal: Laura Anderson)
- Sheldon Region – Arthur C. Butler Elem. School (Principal: Jodi Boyle)
- Cosumnes Oaks Region – Zehnder Ranch Elem. School (Principal: Cheryl Quilatan)
- Elk Grove Region – (No Year Round School Sites in this Region)
Traditional schools will begin their reopening schedules on March 25th and 26th and Modified Traditional schools will begin their reopening schedules on April 1st and 2nd.
Superintendent Christopher Hoffman notes, “The reopening of our schools will be an emotional day for all of us as we see the little feet and hear the sounds of our youngest learners returning to school. Our safety measures are in place with lots of reminders about masks, physical distancing and hand hygiene and we are ready to go.”
About the Elk Grove Unified School District
The Elk Grove Unified School District (EGUSD) is the fifth-largest school district in California located in southern Sacramento County. EGUSD covers 320 square miles and includes 67 schools: 42 elementary schools, nine middle schools, nine high schools, five alternative education schools, an adult school, one charter school and a virtual academy. Offering a multitude of educational programs, including over 70 career-themed academies and pathways within 15 industry sectors, we prepare our students for college and career by supporting them with the means to be creative problem solvers; self-aware, self-reliant, and self-disciplined; technically literate; effective communicators and collaborators; and engaged in the community as individuals with integrity. We integrate rigorous academics with career-based learning and real world workplace experiences and ensure that Every Student is Learning, in Every Classroom, in Every Subject, Every Day to Prepare College, Career and Life Ready Graduates.
# # #