September 3, 2019
The focus of this update is to share two tools developed that support communication of the educational equity efforts of the district with stakeholders.
- Equity Action 1 – Educational Equity Annual Report: A template for presenting an annual report with a more comprehensive explanation of the educational equity efforts across the district. The report includes an overview of the educational equity strategic plan and equity foundations, as well as a list of some the actions taken in the prior school year, actions planned for the current year, and education equity metrics. The report has been developed in collaboration with district leadership in the Learning System Leadership Team (LSLT) across the Education Services and Schools Divisions.
- Equity Action 2 – Educational Equity Resource Website: The new educational equity resource website was developed to collect resources (e.g., files, tools, hyperlinks, information) that support educational equity efforts for the district. The website includes a page for general information and resources on educational equity, as well as resources specific to each of the six equity foundations. The resource site will be updated regularly with new resources. A Google Form on the website invites visitors to sign up for monthly updates from the Office of Educational Equity and/or to shareresources that may be added to the website. The launch of the website will be accompanied with a social media campaign to promote equity resources and efforts using the #EGUSDequity. The end goal is to provide easy access to resources that may guide or support the equity work happening across the school district. The EGUSD Educational Equity Resource Site can be found at http://blogs.egusd.net/educational-equity.
The actions highlighted in this report are the result of the following partners in race and educational equity, amongst others:
- Technology Services
- Research and Evaluation Department
- Education Services Division
- Elementary (PreK-6) Schools Division
- Secondary (7-12) Schools Division
- Office of Educational Equity
About the Elk Grove Unified School District
The Elk Grove Unified School District (EGUSD) is the fifth-largest school district in California located in southern Sacramento County. EGUSD covers 320 square miles and includes 67 schools: 42 elementary schools, nine middle schools, nine high schools, five alternative education schools, an adult school, one charter school and a virtual academy. Offering a multitude of educational programs, including over 70 career-themed academies and pathways within 15 industry sectors, we prepare our students for college and career by supporting them with the means to be creative problem solvers; self-aware, self-reliant, and self-disciplined; technically literate; effective communicators and collaborators; and engaged in the community as individuals with integrity. We integrate rigorous academics with career-based learning and real world workplace experiences and ensure that Every Student is Learning, in Every Classroom, in Every Subject, Every Day.
# # #