Spelling Activity List
Instructions: You must complete 4 activities per week. Each day you must choose a different activity to complete. Always write the title of the activity on the top of your spelling homework.
A. ACTIVITIES USING ALL 20 SPELLING WORDS:
- ABC Order- Write our words in alphabetical order.
- Backwards Words-Write our words forwarfds, then backwards.
- Scrambled Words- Write our words, then write them again with the letters mixed up.
- Write It Out Old School Style- Write our spelling words neatly 4 times each.
- Flashcards- Make flashcards to study your words.
- Other Handed- If you are right-handed, write with your left-hand and vice versa.
- Words in Words- Write your word and then write 2 words made from each word.
For example: return- ten, run, rut
- Silly Sentences- Create silly and funny sentences. Sentences can contain up to 2 spelling words, but you must underline the spelling words.
- Colorful Words 1- Write each word in 2 different colors using different colors for vowels and consonants. Example: return
- Colorful Words 2- Write each word in 3 or more different colors.
- CV List- Write our spelling words that start with a voewl on one list and words that start with a consonant on another list.
- Picture This- Draw a picture that illustrates the meaning of each spelling word.
- Synonym Words -Write each spelling word and list 1-2 synonyms.
For example: happy: glad, content
- Antonym Skills -Write each spelling word and list 1-2 antonyms.
For example: awake: asleep
- Fabulous Parts - Categorize our words according to parts of speech (nouns, verbs, etc)
- Syl/la/ble Words - Write your spelling words divided by syllables.
Example: exclamation= ex/cla/ma/tion.
- Secret Agent Words - Number the alphabet from 1 to 26, then convert your words to a number code.
- Type it Out – Type each spelling words 4 times. Experiment with different fonts, but I have to be able to read it.
- ABC Order – Type each spelling word in alphabetical order.
- Silly Sentences – Create silly and funny sentences. Sentences can contain up to 2-3 spelling words. Underline the spelling words.
- I Typed It, Now Pass It – Type a letter to a friend. Underline the spelling words.
B. ACTIVITIES USING 10 SPELLING WORDS:
You may also use all 20 of our spelling words if you would like to.
- Passing Notes - Write a letter to someone. Underline the spelling words.
- Story Words - Write a short story. Underline the spelling words.
- Magazine Words - Use an old magazine or newspaper and find our words. Cut it out and glue it on paper.
- 30 Second Words - Write a TV commercial using all the words from your list.
- Definition Flashcards - Make flashcards with the definition on back.
- Dictionary Look Up – Look up 10 of our spelling and write the definition. If there is more than one definition, choose only one.
C. INTERNET ACTIVITIES
Make sure you print a copy of the work you created.
Crossword Puzzle- Create a crossword puzzle using ALL of our spelling words using clusetosolve it. Print an answer key if possible.
Word Search - Create a word search using ALL of our spelling words.
p 21st, 2011 by marabella2012
September 19 - September 23