Elk Grove Elementary School

Principal Dave Neves
Vice Principal – Kyle Harrison
SecretarySusan Davis

Attendance

Attendance (email attendance/absences directly to school)

Office Procedure

Reminder that to increase safety with regard to our students and staff, be prepared to show photo identification when at the counter checking out students. You may be asked for it by the Office Staff.  Visitors are required to sign in at the office counter and wear a visitor’s badge while on campus during school hours.

School Accountability Report Cards

Summary Report Card
Full Length Report Card

School History

Elk Grove Elementary is in its fourth location (now in northeast Elk Grove), but it can be credited with its connection to the first recorded public school in Sacramento County, the San Joaquin School, built in 1853 at what is now the intersection of Highway 99 and Grant Line Road. The first school with the name of Elk Grove was built in the 1860s a short distance north of the intersection of the present Elk Grove Boulevard and Highway 99. That building still stands at the old Foulks Ranch. The second Elk Grove school also stands, although somewhat lonely, on Frontage Road, north of Wal-Mart. The third Elk Grove school, known to generations as Elk Grove Grammar School, is the brick building that once housed the school district offices and is now Elk Grove Community Services. The brick structure was built in 1921 to serve the children from the old Elk Grove school, San Joaquin, Victory and the Jackson school.

Elk Grove Elementary students moved to their new facility in December of 1992. The name, of course, comes from the town and the Elk Grove Hotel & Stage Stop of 1850. Yes, there was a grove of trees, a herd of tule elk may well have roamed through the grove, and there is evidence that Elk Grove’s founder, James Hall, had lived in Elk Grove, Missouri before he came to California.