EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!
- Vote Results! The top getting vote was for a music program at CRES, and we are still looking for someone to fill that role. We’re hoping to provide a program that may include reading music, choir, and/or teaching the students how to play the recorder. We are open to ideas! The paid position would be approximately 15 hours a week. If you have talent and time to spare, please contact Brenda Carmichael at email@example.com.
- It’s not too late to join PTA! Send cash or $15 check to CRES PTA in an envelope with your name, telephone number, and email address: Attn: PTA Membership.
- LAST CALL for business cards in the PTA directory. For $50 you can advertise to all CRES families, who receive the directory for free. Checks to CRES PTA and business cards due in the office (attn.: Nic Haviland) by Friday, October 10.
- Accelerated Reader Trimester Treats will be awarded on Friday, November 7. All students who have earned 1/3 of their AR point goal will receive a treat at the morning assembly! Questions? Ask your child’s classroom teacher.
The 2nd annual CRES Chili Cook Off to support the 6th grade outdoor education trip to Sly Park takes place this Friday, October 17, during the CRES Harvest Fun Fest!
If you have a secret family chili recipe that has been handed down for generations or just want to try a new recipe out on some willing tasters, then this is for you! This is open to all chili cooks, not just those with 6th graders. The more, the merrier!
To sign up for this year’s Chili Cook Off, please contact Anne Marie Wheeler (firstname.lastname@example.org) who has courageously taken on the responsibility for helping raise funds for this year’s Sly Park trip.
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!
- Helpers are still needed to set-up and take-down the CRES Harvest Fun Fest on Friday, October 17. Please contact Jeny Ryon-Luna if you’d like to help with this fun family event (email@example.com)!
- Families or groups interested in setting up a Haunted House room at this year’s Harvest Fun Fest Haunted House, please contact Mr. Gulden (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- 10/10/14, 6:45pm: Movie Night at CRES – “Rio 2”
- 10/14/14, 7:00pm: PTA Association Meeting (agenda attached)
- 10/17/14, 5:30-8:30pm: CRES Harvest Fun Fest
APPLAUSE AND THANKS TO…
- 6th Grade Room Parents and volunteers who hosted September Staff Appreciation!