Archives for Information
EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!
- Vote Results! The top getting vote was for a music program at CRES, and we are still looking for someone to fill that role. We’re hoping to provide a program that may include reading music, choir, and/or teaching the students how to play the recorder. We are open to ideas! The paid position would be approximately 15 hours a week. If you have talent and time to spare, please contact Brenda Carmichael at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It’s not too late to join PTA! Send cash or $15 check to CRES PTA in an envelope with your name, telephone number, and email address: Attn: PTA Membership.
- LAST CALL for business cards in the PTA directory. For $50 you can advertise to all CRES families, who receive the directory for free. Checks to CRES PTA and business cards due in the office (attn.: Nic Haviland) by Friday, October 10.
- Accelerated Reader Trimester Treats will be awarded on Friday, November 7. All students who have earned 1/3 of their AR point goal will receive a treat at the morning assembly! Questions? Ask your child’s classroom teacher.
The 2nd annual CRES Chili Cook Off to support the 6th grade outdoor education trip to Sly Park takes place this Friday, October 17, during the CRES Harvest Fun Fest!
If you have a secret family chili recipe that has been handed down for generations or just want to try a new recipe out on some willing tasters, then this is for you! This is open to all chili cooks, not just those with 6th graders. The more, the merrier!
To sign up for this year’s Chili Cook Off, please contact Anne Marie Wheeler (email@example.com) who has courageously taken on the responsibility for helping raise funds for this year’s Sly Park trip.
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!
- Helpers are still needed to set-up and take-down the CRES Harvest Fun Fest on Friday, October 17. Please contact Jeny Ryon-Luna if you’d like to help with this fun family event (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
- Families or groups interested in setting up a Haunted House room at this year’s Harvest Fun Fest Haunted House, please contact Mr. Gulden (email@example.com).
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- 10/10/14, 6:45pm: Movie Night at CRES – “Rio 2”
- 10/14/14, 7:00pm: PTA Association Meeting (agenda attached)
- 10/17/14, 5:30-8:30pm: CRES Harvest Fun Fest
APPLAUSE AND THANKS TO…
- 6th Grade Room Parents and volunteers who hosted September Staff Appreciation!
Please join the Elk Grove Unified Board of Education at a Community School Board meeting in October.To ensure that all students have the opportunity to reach their greatest potential, the Board of Education’s Community Budget Meetings are intended to engage the public in a transparent and collaborative process.
The objectives of these meetings are to:
• Provide information about the Local Control Accountability Plan and Common Core State Standards;
• Engage the public in the Local Control Accountability Plan process; and
• Recognize Service Learning projects.
Six of the meetings will be held on the same night – October 21. A seventh meeting will be held on October 28. All of the meetings will be held from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The meeting will include a presentation about the district’s budget as well as time for questions and answers. The public is invited to attend any one of the meetings.
The public meetings will be held at the following locations:
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 – 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Edward Harris, Jr. Middle School – Multipurpose Room
8691 Power Inn Road Elk Grove, CA 95624
Board Member: Jeanette J. Amavisca
Pleasant Grove Elementary School – Multipurpose Room
10160 Pleasant Grove School Road
Elk Grove, CA 95624 Board Member: Priscilla S. Cox
Adreani Elementary School – Multipurpose Room
9927 Wildhawk West Drive
Sacramento, CA 95829 Board Member: Carmine S. Forcina
Franklin High School – Theater
6400 Whitelock Parkway
Elk Grove, CA 95757 Board Member: Steve Ly
Prairie Elementary School – Library
5251 Valley High Drive
Sacramento, CA 95823 Board Member: Chet Madison, Sr.
Florin High School – Theater
7956 Cottonwood Lane
Sacramento, CA 95828 Board Member: Anthony “Tony” Perez
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 – 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Laguna Creek High School – Multipurpose Room
9050 Vicino Drive
Elk Grove, CA 95758 Board Member: Bobbie Singh-Allen